Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fairytale Dolls

 Inspiration:


I got the idea last night (while doing homework, totally unrelated) to create soft fabric fairytale-mythology dolls! I'll start after finals and work on a few during Winter break (: In honor of our site here, my first two will be Baba Yaga and her chicken legged hut! After that, I'm thinking the three norns, the fates of Scandinavian mythology? After them- what are some favorite fairytale/myth characters you guys would like to see made into soft dolls? I'm already thinking for sure: the snow queen (one of mine and ribbons undone's favorites), maleficent and sleeping beauty from my favorite more well known fairytale, and a whole collection of Gods and Goddesses! What more should I do?

4 comments:

  1. i want a mother earth doll large enough to be a chair cushion... we can sit in her lap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be making that one for you! What a great idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when you, me and my friend Dru designed our ultimate villains? I want my spider-girl. You remember her? The one with the black curls and the white dress and no irises or pupils? :D that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I didn't get this done!! Lets plan to do this during the summer!!! Make a list! Mom's great big mother earth, your horrifying spider girl, and hm...my fantastic queen!

    ReplyDelete