Friday, February 4, 2011

The Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde


A Book Review in Brief


A few months ago I finished the complete fairy tales of Oscar Wilde. I didn't know that he wrote fairy tales! It was great to read Wilde's wonderful writing style in fairy tale formation! Also, as is a popular theme with Victorian fairy tales writers (such as Christina Rossetti and George MacDonald) there are Christian elements in his tales. "The Young King" was a glorious read. As a special bonus the Signet Classics version (pictured) contains the original woodblock illustrations for the tales.


I found the collection to be wonderful lite reading for those of us who don't have much time to devote to all levels of fantastical scholarship!


Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! The fairytales of Oscar Wilde! I've got to find time to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really wonderful! I truly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete