Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rebooting

I am not going to lie, I love when fairytales and myths get rebooted. If you are not familiar with the term think to your favorite comic book heroes, how many times in the past 20 years have their stories been told and retold through cinema, sequels, graphic novels, etc...Rebooting is the "revamping" or "rewriting" of a story to make it new while maintaining its distinctive elements. This process annoys most people that I have discussed this issue with [need I mention the "new Star Wars movies...damn you, JarJar], but I just can't seem to get enough of classic fairy tale rebooting. To date my favorite anthology of these stories is in the book The Rose and the Beast, Fairy Tales Retold by Fracesca Lia Block and Snow White, Blood Red, an anthology by various sci-fi, horror and of course fantasy novelists which take the classic tales and re-spin them.

And, while we are on the subject of rebooting, check out this cool video I got from a friend of Facebook!

Leave us a comment with some of your favorite reboots, we would love to hear from you!

1 comment: